Hire a foreign worker in Israel
is mostly a bureaucratic process, it involves addressing and contacting several government offices as well as private agencies. That is due to the fact that the state of Israel set a few requirements a person has to meet in order to hire a foreign worker in the nursing field (caregiver).
This website was built and designed to help you through the process and even reduce some of the fees.
For your convenience, in the following pages you will find details regarding the terms and requirements of hiring a foreign caregiver according to different governmental offices, moreover, you will be able to find links to the relevant forms needed to contact and apply to each governmental office.
As mentioned above, in order for us to help you and ease the process all you have to do is register to the website and one of our professional staff members will contact you and help you find the relevant forms and process for you according to your needs and requirements.
If you are not sure which governmental office you need to contact, we created an interactive questionnaire to help you navigate the website and find the relevant governmental office to address to.
- 1. The social security institute – Long-Term Care benefit
- 2. The social security institute – special services benefit
- 3. Minors (up to age of 18)
- 4. Population and Immigration Authority
- 5. Exceptions
Hiring a foreign caregiver is only allowed after receiving a permit from the Interior ministry (Population and Immigration Authority), without such permit both employer and employee are breaking the law!
prepare properly before hiring a foreign caregiver
Before hiring a foreign caregiver, it is important to prepare properly. The preparation should include several aspects:
Financial aspect – hiring a caregiver involves many expenses, before hiring a caregiver the family and the employer should make sure they will be able to handle all payments and the employer obligations.
Environmental aspect – the meaning of hiring a 24 hour caregiver is that another person is living in the house, therefore, they should have proper accommodation – the accommodation should be ready before the caregiver’s arrival.
Mental aspect – the meaning of another person living in the house also affects the family and the employer from a psychological point of view, especially when the person is from a different culture. Besides dealing with the loss of independence the patient is also dealing with another person in the house. Both the family and the employer should prepare for it in order to ease the process.
Finding a caregiver
In Israel you can find a caregiver in several ways:
- Private agencies – foreign caregivers agency should be authorized and approved by the Population and Immigration Authority. A foreign caregiver can be a caregiver that is already in Israel during his/her legal stay and can be hired according to the foreign workers law, or a new foreign worker can be brought from a different country.
- Independently – through friends, neighbors, acquaintances that used to hire a foreign caregiver. In those cases it is important to make sure that the caregiver visa and status meets the demands, requirements and regulations set by the Population and Immigration Authority.
- Caregivers4u – through this website you can find a database of caregivers that are already located in Israel or in other countries and with the help of our third party contact them and hire them directly.
Registration in authorized agencies
Every foreign caregiver in Israel has to be registered in an authorized agency. This is one of the terms of hiring a foreign caregiver, the lack of registration can cause not only cancellation of the permit but is also considered to be a criminal offence. Through this website you can contact an authorized agency by the Population and Immigration Authority.
Employing a foreign caregiver involves clear and strict rules and is adapted directly to the Israeli Labour law.
It is important to remember, a foreign caregiver is first of all a human being, a person that should be happy and satisfied with his condition and in this case will provide a better care, an employee that is unhappy with his job for any reason will have a higher risk to be burnt out and leave his job.